Wednesday, November 03, 2004

No More Al

Rick can't standz no more:

I forgot to bring my coffee thermos today, and craving a taste of bitterness, I tuned in to the Al Franken show for a few minutes to get his take on the election. Al's view: Republicans are big liars and their voters are gullible idiots. No surprise there. He and Catherine seem to have realized however that the values gap was an important factor in the election. You see, Republicans had fooled Americans into believing that family values are not what they really are: corporate income tax rates and regulations on trade. Apparently we are stupid enough to believe that family values is about who the parents are or whether our teenagers get tax funded abortions. They resolved to have Frank Rich on the show to explain it to them (here's an idea Al, why don't you get Gary Bauer or Dr. James Dobson to clue you in).

I have resolved to quit listening to Al Franken after today. I don't suspect it will be hard as quitting other bad habits. Like chewing tobacco, or habitually squirting lemon juice under my eyelids.


Now that the election is over, I wonder how much longer Franken will keep this little radio charade going anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment