Sunday, October 10, 2004

Upon Further Review...

Okay, I'm going to back off a bit on my hatred of Twins manager Ron Gardenhire. I was bitter, angry and drunk when I wrote that piece and while I still think the world watched the worst managed series ever conclude yesterday, I must direct my ire towards another culprit. Twins pitcher Kyle Lohse is today's winner in the "Who Does Atomizer Hate Now?" competition.

Lohse gives up a double to Yankee third baseman Alex Rodriguez in the top of the 11th inning. He then allows ARod to steal third and eventually score on a wild pitch to lose the game and the series. Here is Kyle's explanation:

"I got caught not paying attention," Lohse said. "He's a smart baseball player, and he caught me at the one moment I wasn't suspecting it."

Lohse "got caught not paying attention" in the 11th inning of a must win playoff game against the Yankees with, arguably, the best player in baseball on second base. Under what circumstances, Kyle, can we expect you to pay attention in the future? I certainly hope you're paying attention when contract renewal time comes up and, if there's any justice, you're booted squarely in the ass and out the door.

No comments:

Post a Comment