Friday, July 12, 2002

Why I Hate The Star Tribune

Please help me. Go to the following link and read Syl Jone's piece that appeared in today's Minneapolis Star Tribune:

Syl Jones: Why place our faith -- and funds -- in banks?

After your head stops hurting please explain to me what the point of this column is. Seriously. I cannot fathom what the hell Syl is trying to say in this utterly incoherent and downright baffling piece. I mean it. I don't usually agree with views that Syl chooses to express but at least I can somewhat figure out where he is coming from and why. This is complete gibberish from beginning to end where it gets downright bizarre. Is he against banks? Or does he just wish banks would somehow "dispense love" whatever the hell that means?

This might be the worst piece of writing I have ever come across in the Strib and you all know that's saying a lot. I wonder if Syl is actually such a poor writer that he just can't come up with anything better or if he's cynically knows that any bit he submits no matter how poor will be printed in the Strib op ed pages in their never ending quest to promote their idea of diversity.