Saturday, September 28, 2002

Die Fehrensehapparat ist Wieder Kaput

I love the poster for this year's Twin Cities Marathon. It almost makes me wish I actually ran marathons. Or did any excercise of any kind. (Note, I did say almost wish.) It also makes me wish I understood art better, as I can't fully expound on what turns my crank about this without sounding like an ignoramous. ("It's got pretty colors and the way they do those hills with the cities in the background--it's really cool"). It's like being in Germany and trying to articulately explain in pidgin high school Deutsch to Die Volken why their newfound aggressive pacificism is a hinderance to world peace and stability at this moment rather than a help. But I trust the Elder got the job done, and I eagerly await the reports on his efforts to shake some sense into them. In fact, I eagerly await any of his posts, as my efforts to individually sustain original material on this blog on a semi-daily basis has proven to be more than my creative abilities and time availablity could handle. Given the rapacious news appetites of the Fraters readership (yes Mom, I got your complaints) the pressure was, as Steve Cannon used to say, immense.

No comments:

Post a Comment