Thursday, July 02, 2009

Removing All Doubt

To follow up on Saint Paul's post on Mark Sanford's loose lips and on behalf of married men everywhere I'd like to take this opportunity to call on Governor Sanford to kindly shut the hell up. It was bad enough when he destroyed the sanctity of two of our favorite innocent activities forever.

"So what are you going to do this weekend when I'm out of town with the kids, honey?"

"Nothing much. Thought I might take a long solo hike on the Appalachian Trail."

And...

"So what are you going to do this weekend when I'm out of town with the kids, honey?"

"Nothing much. Thought I might fly down to Argentina, drive along the coast, and do some deep thinking."

Now he's forever soiled yet another of our traditional weekend getaways. How do you think this is going to go over from now on?

"So what are you going to do this weekend when I'm out of town with the kids, honey?"

"Nothing much. Thought I might get together with some friends and blow off steam."

Thanks for nothing Governor. When it comes to Sanfords, Mark should heed the advice of Fred and "Shut up, dummy!"

If the whole sordid Sanford scandal has any positive side at all it may be the new sexual euphemisms that come out of it.

"I'd like to hike through her Appalachian Trail."

And...

"Looking forward to your date, dude?"

"Oh yeah. Definitely goin' to be some crying in Argentina tonight."

"Blowing off steam" however sounds a bit too literal to qualify.

No comments:

Post a Comment