Sunday, July 17, 2011

Separated At Birth: Loser Talk

Minnesota Twins Pitcher Matt Capps on July 15, after blowing his major league leading 7th save while giving up the winning runs to the Kansas City Royals:

Nobody's going to put higher expectations on me than I put on myself -- fans, coaches, teammates, nobody. Nobody expects more out of me than me, and nobody's more let down right now than me, and nobody's more disappointed than me right now.


And Kansas City Royals pitcher Jeff Francis on July 16, after losing his 11th game of the season (putting him in 2nd place in the majors for losses):

I take a lot of responsibility for what I do on the mound, and I think I expect more out of myself than anybody else does.

Finally, Governor Dayton on the Minnesota government shutdown. Just kidding, Governor Dayton never accepts personal responsibility, nor does he expect much from himself.