Friday, July 26, 2013

Laugh A Little

Nate e-mails on an effort to make flying the skies a little more friendly and funny:

I flew Delta to Atlanta a week ago, 757 wide-body, had a recorded safety announcement.

It’s hilarious! Outstanding. I actually wished I could watch it again. There are a couple of versions on YouTube, this is not the exact one that I saw on the plane, but close.

Somebody at Delta is thinking like you guys do, at least about the safety announcement. That’s a great start.




The video is fantastic. Injecting humor into something-even something as serious as a safety announcement-is a good hook to get people to pay attention. I imagine that after repeated viewings it would lose its luster, but it’s a heck of a lot better than the standard approach to play it straight. Plus it features cameo appearances by the red-headed flight attendant from previous Delta safety announcement videos and Abraham Lincoln. A true tour de force.