Thursday, December 03, 2009

Thin Air At The Summit

If you were at a meeting at work and heard a leader unleash the following stream of meaningless clichés and buzz words, what would you honestly think of that person?

So we can't make any ill-considered decisions right now. Even with the best of intentions, we're going to have to be surgical and we're going to have to be creative. We're going to have to be smart and strategic. And we'll need to look beyond the old standbys and fallbacks, and come up with the best ideas that give us the biggest bang for the buck.

So I need everybody here to bring their A game here today. I'm going to be asking some tough questions. I will be listening for some good answers.

And I don't want to just brainstorm up at 30,000 feet. I want details in our discussion today.


Now, what would you think if that speaker was the President of the United States of America?

I'm surprised that President Obama didn't also ask everyone at the "jobs summit" to give 110%, think outside the box, and look for low hanging fruit to help grow the economy.

No comments:

Post a Comment