Monday, December 13, 2010

The Indispensable Man?

From John Hinderaker, a tantalizing peek into the smoke filled back rooms of the GOP power structure, even now feverishly working on the elections to come:

I'm involved in recruiting a candidate for the 2012 Senate seat, and the working assumption is that none of the individuals named in the PPP poll will be vying for the seat. Of course, that could change.


You know, my cell phone has been off the past few days. And I would be an obvious choice. You don't suppose ....

While flattered, I must demur at this point. For a host of reasons, not limited to my stint as a cabana boy at John Grundhofer's pool in the mid 90's, I am announcing I will not be a candidate for Senate in '12. Call off the dogs Hinderaker, if nominated I will not run. If elected I will not serve.