Monday, December 27, 2010

The Ladies Man - Christmas Edition

My thoughts on a threadbare Holiday classic, which I've heard about 500,000 times this year, thanks to the hit friendly, limited playlists of the two Christmas Music SuperStations going 'round the clock with the stuff since Thanksgiving.

Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow

Oh the weather outside is frightful
But the fire is so delightful
And since we've no place to go
Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!

It doesn't show signs of stopping,
And I've bought some corn for popping,
The lights are turned way down low,
Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!

When we finally kiss goodnight,
How I'll hate going out in the storm!
But if you'll really hold me tight,
All the way home I'll be warm.

The fire is slowly dying,
And, my dear, we're still good-bying,
But as long as you love me so,
Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!


Ah, nothing invokes the Christmas spirit like the plight of a guy attempting to get laid. By trying to convince his date that it's unsafe to travel. 'Hey honey, you better let me stay at your place tonight, it's getting pretty bad out there. You don't want my blood on your hands.'

I also like how he tries to close the deal. After setting the mood, by turning the lights down low, getting a fire going, some kissing and holding tight, even trotting out the L word for her, it doesn't seem to be quite working. So he mentions, if he's able to stick around, he'll be making some popcorn later. Adding a little Orville Reddenbacher to the mix, the key to any fair maiden's heart.