Thursday, March 10, 2011

Tough Week for Gophers

Goldy gets punched out at a gymnastics meet.

U of MN Basketball gets eviscerated by Northwestern in Big 10 tourney.

And now Fred Grandy gets his head chopped off (career-wise):

Fred "Gopher" Grandy Criticizes Muslims, Loses Radio Gig

Former Congressman and "The Love Boat" actor Fred Grandy is out of his job as a radio host in Washington, D.C. after criticizing Muslims. But the question remains -- did he quit or was he fired?

Grandy and his wife, Catherine, who is known on the air as "Mrs. Fred," hosted the morning show on WMAL. According to a report in London's Daily Mail, Grandy told the group Accuracy in Media, "My wife and I have used our program over the last several months to warn about the spread of radical Islam at home and abroad.

"Last week, Catherine delivered a very tough indictment against stealth jihad, and for her efforts she was told she was off the show. I then told management without Mrs. Fred at the microphone, I could not remain either and have resigned effective this morning."
All I know is that if I were Kevin McHale or Neal Broten or Lindsey Whalen or Yanni, I might not leave the house tomorrow.