Monday, November 26, 2012

Connect the Sots

A few years ago I mentioned how much I enjoyed reading the book Badger Bars and Tavern Tales: An Illustrated History of Wisconsin Saloons by Bill Moen and Doug Davis. At the time, I received a note from Mr. Moen thanking me for my interest. It was one of those little connections that served to remind me again just how cool this whole internet thing can sometimes be.

The other day, I received another e-mail from Mr. Moen:

I couple years back we exchanged a few emails about my “Badger Bars” Wisconsin tavern book. Hey! I did another one. I’ve enjoyed your guys website in the past and your beer reviews, so I thought I’d leave you a complimentary copy out at the liquor store.

At the liquor store? I was puzzled for a moment, but then I realized that since Bill read the beer reviews he must be speaking of Glen Lake Wine and Spirits.

And sure enough, when I stopped by the store last Wednesday to stock up on wine, whisky, and beer for our Thanksgiving feast, I found a copy of Bill's latest work waiting for me.



I'll only had a chance to peruse a few pages so far, but, like the previous book on Wisconsin watering holes, it looks like it's going to be a fun read.

No comments:

Post a Comment