Friday, December 27, 2002

Alas, the Jig Is Up

Very very sad news that the local brewpub Sherlock's Home is closing next Tuesday after fourteen years of serving some of the finest handcrafted ales and lagers in the Minneapolis area. I have many fond memories of Sherlock's over the years (and a few rather cloudy ones like the time I realized my goal of consuming an English pint of each Sherlock's eight varieties of beer on a single evening) and will miss the excellent hand pulled beer and pub like atmosphere. Most of all I will miss the Bishop's Bitter, in my opinion one of the best beers I have ever tasted. I'll be at Sherlock's this afternoon for one last Friday happy hour and will raise a pint or two in a bittersweet tribute to one of my favorite watering holes.

No comments:

Post a Comment