Monday, June 14, 2010

The Congressman Really Wants To Know

I'm sure most have you have already seen the video of Democrat Congressman Bob Etheridge assaulting a college student who dared to approach His Highness with a camera and a question.

The video exposes what seems to be an all too common and growing sentiment in Washington DC that our elected representatives are simply not to be questioned. We are expected to shut the hell up, do what they tell us to do and ignore the fact that most of these people are thin skinned dimwits.

The Congressman has been forced to come out with a statement that, frankly, only serves to emphasize this point:
“I have seen the video posted on several blogs. I deeply and profoundly regret my reaction and I apologize to all involved. Throughout my many years of service to the people of North Carolina, I have always tried to treat people from all viewpoints with respect. No matter how intrusive and partisan our politics can become, this does not justify a poor response. I have and I will always work to promote a civil public discourse.”
Couched is his apology is the implication that he was also somehow a victim. The question Etheridge was asked was simply "Do you fully support the Obama agenda?" To imply that this question is intrusive and/or partisan is absolutely laughable.

Now I know some of the lefties out there are going to argue that the intrusive part was putting a camera in the man's face but that notion is equally laughable. If Etheridge gave everybody who ever stuck a camera in his face the maniacal deathgrip headlock response that this young college student got every camera crew in DC and North Carolina would be hospitalized.

No, Congressman Bob Etheridge, Democrat from North Carolina, is a bitter and angry coward whose primary concern is most likely his re-election. Let's hope this video makes it into his opponent's campaign ad after, of course, it appears as evidence in an upcoming assault case against him.