Saturday, June 11, 2011

OMG! Sarah Palin Hates Minnesota!

When Chad the Elder tasked me with going through Sarah Palin’s 24,000 emails, I was skeptical that there would be anything of interest to Fraters readers. But being the team player that I am, I agreed.

Once again, the Elder was correct. Amongst the discussions of obscure Alaska policy issues and mundane scheduling matters, I uncovered a bombshell: Sarah Palin hates Minnesota. The smoking email was sent Saturday August 9, 2008 at 09:24:39 (a second that will live in infamy):

“Subject: Minnesota

The plan that seems to make the most sense should be to find out exactly when my speech is (two speeches total) … then to travel a day before and a day after that main speech. I don’t want to be there five days, no need to.”


No need to? There is no need to spend five days in the land of 10,000 lakes? I will have you know, Governor, that there are many people who would LOVE to spend five days in Minnesota. You missed out on the Mall of America and seeing the plaque where Mary Tyler Moore threw her hat into the air and … well, probably a lot of other cool stuff too.

Don’t expect any support from the state of Minnesota, Sarah – we like it here!