Saturday, October 08, 2011

Confused

Between Hugh Hewitt's relentless cheerleading for the Mitt Romney and Chad's relentless skepticism, I really don't know what to think. To a degree I've resigned myself to a Mitt nomination as simply inevitable. But the more Hugh shamelessly shills for the Mittster the more reticent I become to support him, and I'm not sure I know why. (Maybe I just said why?)

But skepticism aside, a does of reality might be helpful. It is looking more and more like a Mitt vs. Obama election. And as hesitant as I might be to give my full-throated endorsement to Mitt, is there really a choice there? One his worst RomneyCare and climate change endorsing day, does anyone really think that Obama is preferable to Mitt? I think not.

I wish Perry were a better candidate. I wish Palin had not quit as governor. And I wisch Michelle B had minded her own damn business and not chased rainbows by running for President. I'm sorry Michelle, but it was never going to happen. Not now, not ever.

But most of all, I miss Tim Pawlenty. The more I see of the GOP candidates, the more I think T-Paw was our best hope. And while I blame Michelle for his having to drop out, if you can't handle some gaffe-prone Congressional back-bencher, you're not ready for prime time yourself.

So at the end of the day, we are more than likely left with Mitt. It may not be the best choice, but at least it's not an echo.