Friday, May 18, 2007

Can't Hardly Wait

Bobby from LA e-mails on the Dodgers all-you-can-eat outfield section:

I just wanted to also mention the best benefit of the stadium's right-field pavilion all-you-can-eat extravaganza: No waiting.

I was skeptical at first, laughed the whole thing off, but I tried and I'm here to tell you, I'm sold.

On a normal sell-out night, you'd wait at least an inning and half, maybe two, waiting in line.

Now in that pavilion? A matter of seconds.

Walk up, they hand you food, you walk away.

It's brilliant in its simplicity...


UPDATE-- Mark from Lake Elmo adds:

I know one baseball fan who would have appreciated the Dodger's all-you-can-eat right field extravaganza. Tony Savino, son of my childhood friends, Cooch and John, once ate 18 hot dogs at Yankee Stadium. Two an inning. At 75 cent a piece, that's $13.50 in 1970-something dollars. I think tickets were like $6 back then (lower-level reserved in Yankee Stadium are now $150). It'd be interested to see if Cooch and John -- who now both live in L.A. -- could repeat their dad's feat. Of course, it'd be better if they did it eating Nathan's hot dogs, in Brooklyn, where the Dodgers belong.

The Dodgers were once in Brooklyn? Who'd have thunk it?

No comments:

Post a Comment