Tuesday, November 18, 2008

If I'm to be your camera, then who will be your face?

Last night, I heard Hugh Hewitt interviewing Michael Medved on his new book The 10 Big Lies About America: Combating Destructive Distortions About Our Nation. They were discussing the fact that Medved had been named "Worst Person In The World" by Keith Olbermann last year for his comments about slavery and Hugh speculated that with the release of the new book, Medved could possibly win the award for many days to come. Medved said that he could only hope to be so lucky and then mentioned that when Olbermann's show had tabbed him as "Worst," they used a picture of Medved holding a Hugh Hewitt bobble-head doll with Robert E. Lee replacing Hewitt in the Photoshopped version.

A Hugh Hewitt bobble head doll? That can only mean one thing: Ralphie! And damned if it isn't true.

Check out the original picture of Michael Medved with Ralphie that I took at a Patriot Forum back in April of 2004.

Now, check out the image that appeared when Medved was named the "Worst" by Olbermann. Clearly the same picture. Funny I don't recall the Olbermann people asking for permission for that (I know, I know, free use and all that).

The Photoshopped version with Robert E. Lee that Medved mentions is available here. And this is another version of the same theme.

For the record, Ralphie does not endorse slavery or the return of the Confederacy. It's really a shame when an wide-eyed innocent bobble-head is used for such untoward purposes.

It's also interesting to see that another one of my pictures has been pilfered by the left for their own use. Up to this point, I was only aware of the strange obsession that so many left-wing bloggers seem to have with a shot I took of John Hinderaker eating at the Minnesota State Fair (examples here, here, here, here, here, here, here and with probably thousands of other left-wing bloggers who are projecting er...something). Glad that I could be of help guys.

1 comment: