Monday, June 22, 2009

God's Witness To Love

After Mass yesterday, the kids picked up (with a little help from dad's wallet) a special Father's Day gift package being sold in the church lobby. For Mother's Day they sell roses. For Father's Day they sell a liter of Dad's root beer with a small bag wrapped around the bottle containing a few candy bars, peanuts, and a card with the prayer "God Bless You Dad":

I thank You, Lord, for my father. Grant me to realize the depth of his love for me, so often left unspoken.

Help me to appreciate his great and continuous sacrifices. His fatherly care reflects Your divine care; his strength, Your power; his understanding, Your wisdom. He is Your faithful servant and image.

What greater gift can there be than this...

To be God's witness to love...to be a father.


You really couldn't ask for a better gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment