Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Tax Your Feet

Tim from Colorado chimes in on possible lifestyle taxes for lefties:

1) Reusable Grocery Bags. Undoubtedly, reusable grocery bags are more than likely to be manufactured in sweat shops in Central America or somewhere in the Asian Pacific Rim, by child labor no less. The reusable bags should be taxed to provide advanced skill training for the child laborers so they can get more advanced skills and go to work for my favorite athletic shoe company making my favorite athletic shoes and clothing.

2) Hybrid cars--As more, smaller, hybrid cars hit the road, shopping center management paints smaller parking spaces in their parking lots. This causes me to drive around shopping centers trying to find two spaces next to each other in which I can park my full-size crew cab pick-up. This extra driving increases my carbon foot-print. Taxes paid to me by hybrid owners would go towards planting trees to offset my carbon foot-print. I promise.

3) Che Guevara T-shirts. Just because we can.


While the third suggestion might seem extreme keep in mind that the the power to tax is the power to destroy.

No comments:

Post a Comment