Friday, May 05, 2006

Shine On You Crazy Diamond

I've just about had it with the Diamond Trading Company.

I'll never forgive those chuckleheads for foisting upon the incredibly gullible and hopelessly ignorant grooms-to-be of this nation the "helpful spending guideline" of two months salary as the price a guy should pay for an engagement ring. That little piece of information caused me no small amount of pain about two and a half years ago as I agonized over the fact that the properly priced piece of ice for my lovely bride's finger would condemn me to a diet of Ramen Noodles with Ketchup Sauce for about eighteen months.

If that wasn't bad enough, the DTC's latest television ad campaign (the "I Forever Do" anniversary diamond) is simply beyond the pale. They weren't satisfied with coaxing me to trade a year of proper nutrition for an outrageously expensive engagement ring. Now, Big Diamond is trying to convince the incredibly gullible and hopelessly gem-infatuated women of this nation that receiving an auxiliary engagement ring is the only thing that will prevent their marriage from becoming a complete and catastrophic failure.

Add to the above the whole Right Hand Ring nonsense and all men on this planet are doomed, courtesy of the Diamond Trading Company.

Seriously, guys...knock it off. Don't any of you have wives?

JB ADDS:
Reminds me of the Ron White bit where he talks about how all the marketing campaigns of Big Diamond are wrong. He says the most accurate slogan would be:

Diamonds...that'll shut her up

No comments:

Post a Comment