Monday, August 16, 2004

Not In My Back Pages

"Light rail? Why, yes, I do indeed support it. I mean, I'll be able to WALK from my house to the stop and ride to my little urban heart's delight. As a strong supporter of the community's diversity, I imagine I will take it downtown to experience all the city has to offer.--just make sure it doesn't affect me negatively in any way, matter or form."

That pretty much sums up the attitude of the losers who are incensed that people they don't know are parking on their streets to take the light rail.

"I just stare at people to get them not to park," said resident activist Gina Palandri, who otherwise enjoys light rail. With a hawk's fatal exactness, Palandri can pick out which cars belong to "the regulars," a k a light-rail users who park on her block every day.

This hostile, braying crow went as far as putting up signs saying, "DON'T LIVE HERE? DON'T PARK HERE!!!!!"

I say to hell with people who live in the city. If you sign up for a house in Minneapolis (and I suppose I exclude those lucky enough to be double-income, professional class Tangletown residents who can afford to avoid most of these problems) then you willingly sign up for crime, filth, small old over-priced houses, crappy schools, a disgustingly leftist political environment, high taxes AND you must also suffer perhaps the worst indignity of all: strangers parking on "your" street.

You signed up for it. It shouldn't come as a shock that people smart enough to live outside the city park on your street to use the light rail for those rare times when it is actually necessary to go to the city (like sporting events, scoring meth).

You loved the idea of OTHER PEOPLE paying for something YOU would actually get to use and now it's coming back to bite you in your big backsides.

So please, if you are in the area of 38th, 46th or 50th streets, please park your vehicle on the street. Preferably an SUV with a "W" sticker on it and a NRA Lifetime Member badge. Then wait for the angry little witches to come flitting out of their caves. It'll be a hoot!

No comments:

Post a Comment