Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Hop Dreams

Barbara at Quid Nimis is a big fan of the Mexican brew Negra Modelo (I find it drinkable, but not particularly noteworthy). Recently, she found herself in a situation where she was unable to procure said favorite beer. Being in an adventurous mood, she elected to expand her quaffing horizons:

While I was in the wilderness NM-wise I decided that it was time to branch out, try new things and perhaps find a serviceable alternative to the Mexican elixir. Over the 4th of July weekend the HEB was completely out of Negra Modelo* and the 4th is one of the few times I actually can be depended upon to drink two beers in one evening (that is, as opposed to one, not 5 or 6), I decided to go with a Sam Adams because it was thematically consistent with the holiday (how very Martha Stewart of me). As it happened, Sam Adams has produced a special edition brew, Cherry Wheat Ale. Normally this would sound truly nauseating but there I was, feeling experimental and patriotic and I bought the stuff.

Did she like it? It's in the post.

No comments:

Post a Comment