Thursday, September 06, 2007

Con Text

So I'm watching "Top Chef" with my wife last night (I assigned Atomizer the GOP debate beat and expect his lengthy analysis to be posted later today) and as they went to a break they promoted this "poll" they were running. For a mere ninety-five cents (plus any applicable messaging charges) you could participate in a text-message poll on which group of remaining chefs, the women (two) or the men (five) were more talented.

Two questions came to mind. Who participates in these silly things? And more importantly, why? Since they were able to show us results later in the show (the men won), I assume that people actually pulled out their cell phones and voted. Who are you people? And what the hell are you thinking?

Text me at 555-555-5555 to let your voice be heard. Only ninety-five cents per message.

No comments:

Post a Comment