Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Oh, I'm Not One of THOSE People

Lileks reminds us where he stands, thus hoping to avoid the wrath of the urban left:

I'm not a "social conservative," I don't care if Howard Stern cusses on Sirius or HBO shows boobies. My kid's in a public school, I live in the city, but understand why some love the 'burbs. I'd rather see $800 million spent on a public transit system that gets the poor to jobs cheaply instead of a fixed-rail system. Et cetera. And so on.

Someone familiar with Lileks' work might ask him--what's up with the "scare quotes" as he calls them?

I suppose a little triangulation in a comments section is expected of someone hoping to appeal to a wide variety of people with his column and books. Good thing Hugh almost exclusively talks about foreign policy and who-will-run on his show and not say, abortion or James might find appearing a little discombobulating.

No comments:

Post a Comment