Thursday, January 11, 2007

A Well Respected Man

This picture bugs the hell out of me. It's not the innovative doodad of the week that has me upset. It has to do with the presentation of the doodad.

Apple CEO Steve Jobs' net worth is close to 5 billion dollars. He's the head of a corporation that employs over 20,000 people and had a net income last year of close to $2 billion. When you're in a position like that and you're presenting the latest handheld phone/MP3 player/camera/annoyingly-loud-beeping-device that's going to change the world yet again, would it kill you to put on a pair of freaking dress slacks or, dare I say it, a sport coat and tie?

Seriously...even a pair of Dockers would look better than the "just walked out of the gym" look Jobs is sporting for his latest media event. I know the man could buy and sell me at will, but couldn't he make some effort to look the part of the preeminent 21st century tycoon that he is? I've had homeless guys with squeegees approach my car with better fashion sense than this guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment