Thursday, January 11, 2007

There is just one moon and one golden sun

So I sit down in the "room" and start getting dressed for hockey this morning (game on at 6am). I notice that the goalie who's subbing for one of our regular keepers is putting his gear on across from me and say hi. He pops his head up and I have one of those Spicoli "I know that dude" moments. Of course, I don't process face and name very well in the early morning hours (or really ever if truth be told) and he makes the connection before I do.

"I know you. You're either Chad or Brian, right?"

I ignore his unintended slight and inform him that there are those who call me...Chad. He's Jerry Plagge Jr. from the SD63 blog. We had met at the Governor's mansion a few years ago. Back in the day before T-Paw wasn't afraid to be too closely associated with those of a more conservative bent.

As we dress, we talk politics a bit and catch up. Out on the ice, he turns out to be a good goalie too, although I did manage to put one past him during the morning scrum. It really is a small world after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment