Sunday, June 03, 2007

Breaking The Base's Back (and the party's bank)

Chip e-mails on the impact of the immigration bill:

Here is an email that I sent to the RNC today. When the administration starts to lose people like me, they are in real trouble.

Dear RNC -

I wanted to let you know that I have been a loyal supporter of President Bush for his entire two terms. I have voted Republican since the 1984 election and was proud to vote for Ronald Reagan. I still believe in the purpose and validity of the War on Terror and bringing democracy to the Middle East. I was recently solicited by the Republican Party of Minnesota for a $100 pledge. I called the party to rescind my pledge.

The immigration bill put forth by the President and Senator Kennedy has made me rethink my support of the administration and the party. I believe in border security and enforcement first with no special path to citizenship, no special privileges.

Also, his latest U turn on global warming to go along with the Europeans has me worried. Why does the president want to alienate the remaining 30% of the population that has been with him all this time?

No comments:

Post a Comment