Wednesday, June 06, 2007

The Genius of "Division of Labor"

Have you ever tried to cut the toenails of a 14 month old? It's an ordeal. First you have to catch the rascal when he's kind of sleepy so his motor skills are not firing on all cylinders. Then you have to hold him down while he kicks and fusses. Then you have to get that tiny baby toenail clipper in there to hack away at a nail the size of a flea.

And the pinky toe is almost microscopic.

I've never cut the toenails of a 14 month old either, but as I watched my wife struggling with it the other day while I relaxed on the couch with my dog-earred copy of Ball Four, I thought "that looks like hard work."

The Elder Needles: Adam Smith is wondering exactly where your comparative advantage comes into play here pinmaker?

No comments:

Post a Comment