Thursday, February 07, 2008

By The Numbers

Some data points from last week's trip to Singapore:

- Number of miles flown: 18,838

- Number of hours spent flying: 38 1/2

- Number of hours I was able to sleep while flying: between 5-6

- Number of times some clown woke me up by grabbing the back of my seat to get up, tripping over my feet trying to get to the aisle, or dropping a bottle of water into my lap: 14

- Number of movies watched while flying: 3 (3:10 to Yuma ***/Shattered */Eastern Promises ****)

- Number of Top Ten finishes in the Northwest in-flight trivia game: 2 (including the top spot)

- Number of magazines read cover to cover while flying: 1 (February First Things)

- Number of books read while flying: 1 1/3 (Sins of the Assassin by Robert Ferrigno and a third of A Conflict of Visions: Ideological Origins of Political Struggles by Thomas Sowell)

- Number of times I was forced to listen to the insanity inducing Northwest pre-flight music: 4

- Number of beers consumed at the Narita lounge from the automated beer pouring machine: 1 (there is a downside to short layovers)

- Number of times I wished I was at home instead of being stuck in a flying metal tube: ∞

No comments:

Post a Comment