Friday, April 08, 2005

As I Went Out One Evening

I rode my bicycle yesterday with my jeans on. I don't think I've done that since I was ten years old.

At some point, it just becomes the norm that riding your bike means you wear shorts. It signifies that you are serious about your athletic activity and that you are not using your bicycle as a means of transportation.

I've always gotten a kick out of those dudes you see wearing jeans, riding a ten speed, a Marlboro light dangling from their lips. And they always use the lower handle bars on the ten speed--I don't know why. You just know they have at least one Duey and they are on their way to Super America to get a sixer of Miller 3.2 or punch in at the driving range.

I found the experience quite liberating. And with redneckism very in at the moment: Larry The Cable Guy just sold out 7 shows at the Orpheum and Gretchen Wilson sold 3 million albums at the Redneck Woman. I feel pretty cool too.

And to think it was all because I was too lazy to toodle inside to change.

No comments:

Post a Comment