Thursday, April 28, 2005

Marching Orders

I received this e-mail from my buddies at MoveOn.org today with helpful instructions on what I can do to make a difference:

Dear MoveOn member,

House and Senate Republicans are about to reach a deal on budget legislation that would drastically slash healthcare for children and seniors and explode the debt. Also, tucked into the bill is a provision that would open the pristine Arctic National Wildlife Refuge to drilling for oil.

Senator Norm Coleman is considered one of the key swing votes on this legislation because he has previously stood up to some parts of the Republican agenda. Sen. Coleman needs to hear from constituents right away. The Senate is expected to vote tonight or tomorrow on this terrible legislation.

Please make a phone call right now:

Senator Norm Coleman
DC Phone: 202-224-5641

Tell whoever answers that you are a voter in Minnesota, then say:

"I expect Sen. Coleman to vote NO on the budget because it would cut healthcare for children and seniors, explode the debt, and open the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge to drilling."

Ask for a letter explaining the Senator's position on these issues.
Then, please report your call by clicking here:

MoveOn PAC

Your phone calls have made the difference before. We need to keep Sen. Coleman voting right on these important issues.

Thanks for all you do.


Whew. Thank God that wasn't too complicated. I would hate to have to think for myself when it comes to such vital matters.

Wait a second. After I ask for a letter explaining the Senator's position on these issues do I hang up the phone or report my call right away? D'oh! They really do need to clarify these things. I can only hope that their next e-mail telling me step-by-step how to conduct my nightly bowel movement is more specific. I always seem to screw up the order of that whole wiping part.

No comments:

Post a Comment