Friday, August 03, 2007

Crass News Travels Fast

While I drove through Northern Wisconsin late this morning, I was flipping around the AM radio dial looking for something listenable (the FM dial offered no alternative--after to listening to Wisconsin Public radio, I have a new appreciation for the production value, hosts, and programming of MPR). After a number of garden shows, for sale programs, farm reports, and poor excuses for political talk shows, I finally found Mr. Limbaugh. In the talk radio desert, I had reached an oasis.

He was talking about the bridge collapse and the way the "drive-by media" was covering it. I was pleasantly surprised to hear him mention local hack Nick Coleman's infamous screed from yesterday. Nick Coleman getting ripped by Rush? Life is indeed good.

During a break in the show, I turned over to another station just in time to catch an obscure nationally syndicated host (sounds like an oxymoron) going after Coleman as well. Nice to see him getting the attention he so richly deserves.

No comments:

Post a Comment