Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Squirrely

A couple further points on the Iranians capturing US squirrel agents.

1. Larry e-mailed to say that he didn't think the subject of Iranian arrests and executions was one to make light of. I disagree. Like the Looney Tunes cartoons from WWII that poked fun at Hitler and Tojo, I think that mocking the Iranian regime for its looniness is a good way to discredit them.

2. I started thinking about the details of the story and wondered how the Iranian actually captured these spy squirrels. They're pretty wily little critters and unless the Iranians are trapping lots of squirrels and just happened to catch these particular ones in a dragnet, I don't know how they would have known that they were spies. Were they acting suspicious?

3. If I were part of a US military PSY-OPS group in Iraq, I would really start messing with the Iranians now. Send any animal, reptile, or bird you can find over the border with something electronic looking strapped to them. Pigeons, gophers, ducks, snakes, wombats, turtles, etc. You're not paranoid, we are out to get you.

By the way, I understand the captured squirrels have behaved far more honorable than the British sailors the Iranians nabbed a few months ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment