Sunday, August 05, 2007

Lordy, Lordy, Look Who's Forty!

Last night, a crowd of family and friends surprised Atomizer as he walked into the Little Wagon bar in Minneapolis. His initial fears of an intervention quickly dissipated as people shouted "Happy Birthday!" and broke into song. Yes, our own Atomizer--defying most medical experts--has hit the big Four Oh. You've come a long way from the corn fields of Iowa baby.

If you're looking for a different joint to haunt in downtown Minneapolis, you should give the Little Wagon (420 4th Street) a ride. It's got a great classic bar and is part of the burgeoning Keegan's empire of establishments, joining the namesake Keegan's Irish Pub on University and Hennepin in Nordeast Minneapolis.

Atomizer Sez: I choose to look at last night's festivities as the celebration of the 11th anniversary of my 29th birthday. It takes some of the sting away from having to look at that big ugly 4 right next to the zero on my cake...which I never got to taste, by the way, you pigs.

Seriously, thanks to all who came out. It's quite an experience to face a roomful of family and friends who have gathered for the sole purpose of celebrating your birth. It's also quite gratifying to haul home all of the bottles of liquor they purchased for me so I can do the same. What gave you all the idea that I was a booze hound anyway?

No comments:

Post a Comment