Friday, August 10, 2007

Sweetness From the Bleachner

This bit of utter stupidity comes my way via Eloise at Spitbull:

Getting rid of whiskey

Q I have some rare whiskey that's 45 years old. How can I get rid of it?

A You can always pour it down the drain, of course, but consider passing it on. If you want to give it away, try listing it on a website such as (xxx) or (xxx). You can try selling it online at (xxx) or by auction at (xxx). Or, take out a want ad.

Be aware that the bottle itself may be valuable. Contact an antique dealer or bottle collectors organization. The Federation of Historical Bottle Collectors operates a website that lists such organizations by state.

(hyperlinks removed to protect the innocent)

I don't know what is more disturbing...the very idea that someone out there has no clue what to do with a bottle of rare whiskey, the horrific idea of pouring perfectly good booze down the drain or the ridiculous concept that a whiskey bottle may be more valuable than the contents held within.

Blogging will be light as I try to wrap my mind around this one.

2 comments: