Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Honey, I Crashed The Sled

Andy e-mails to fess up:

I'm sorry to say this but... I think I can top Hugh's snowmobile incident.

By the way, we just celebrated the four year anniversary of Hugh's Big Snowmobile Adventure. Oh how the years go by.

Saturday, I drove up to northern Minnesota, bought a nice used snowmobile. A 1997 Yamaha Vmax 700sx for those who are interested. The transaction occurred around 3pm. I drove it over to a good friends garage where I met my brother. Both guys thought I made great purchase. Almost spotless sled with only 3700 miles.

Well, we went out that evening for a little trail ride. On the way back we decided to head over to one more lake. Long story short, I missed a turn on the way and ended the night with a bent up right front steering, broke the handle bars clean off and broke the windshield ($500-600 in damages probably). The best part of it all is that my wife doesn't know I bought the sled. She's just mad because I told her I have to pay to fix a sled that I crashed. I know I'll have to tell her some time, but not sure when. Probably after New Year's Day. Sorry I didn't get any picture of the crash scene to share. I do have a couple of pictures on my cell of the sled after the crash, but they don't look all that dramatic.

Anyway, just thought about how I have something in common now with Hugh Hewitt.


Not something that I'd necessarily go around bragging about. Especially to your wife.

I do have a hunch that Santa is going to ber very generous to Andy's better half this Christmas. Just a hunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment