Sunday, December 02, 2007

Spreading The Word Of English Wit...

...one hotel room at a time. A few years ago, I accidently left one of my PJ Wodehouse collections at a Shanghai hotel room. Yesterday, when I went to pull out Black Mischief, Scoop, The Loved One, The Ordeal of Gilbert Pinfold--a compilation of four of Evelyn Waugh's works--on the flight to Moscow, I discovered (much to my consternation) that I had forgotten it in my hotel room in Chelyabinsk.

I had never read Waugh before, but a reader of Fraters hepped me that "Scoop" was an amusing take on the media. Unfortunately, I was only through the first four chapters of "Scoop" before my organizational lapse. I thoroughly enjoyed "Black Mischief" and the small portion of "Scoop" that I read.

Sigh. Oh well, I guess my loss is some hotel maid's gain. And Amazon's.

No comments:

Post a Comment