Saturday, December 01, 2007

You Get What You Pay For

Earlier today, when I checked in to the hotel in Moscow, I was surprised to see a sign at the front desk advertising a complimentary mini-bar in the room. "Is it true," I asked incredulously "Everything in the mini-bar is free?" Assured that it was, I was jubilant. Free mini-bar? It don't get much better.

Upon arriving in room and cracking open said mini-bar (approximately thirty seconds later), I was disappointed--but not surprised--to find the complimentary mini-bar consisted of two bottles of water, one beer, one candy bar, one bag of peanuts, and one bag of potato chips. Gee thanks. Not exactly the packed to the gills offering that mini-bar dreams are made of.

So far I've only had a water, beer, and bag of peanuts. Anything left tomorrow morning is coming with me. What? I don't want to get ripped off.

No comments:

Post a Comment