Monday, December 18, 2006

Broten Is Fighting Gretzky!

I remember one mid-winter night while the Elder and I were watching a Stars/Edmonton game and Neal Broten somehow got tangled up with Wayne Gretzky. I can still see Broten mouthing the words F-U to Wayne before they dropped the gloves for Wayne's one and only NHL fight.

Neal actually landed a couple of shots on him before he turtled and it was over.

Here's the video. Doesn't seem possible that this was almost 25 years ago.

And whilst I'm walking through the park and reminiscing, here's some vintage North Stars footage of Dino Ciccarelli swinging his stick at a Toronto Maple Leaf. Wild!

UPDATE-The Elder Adds: I recall that night fondly and I believe it was right around the holiday season. No better Christmas present than that.

My up the ante challenge to JB is to find a clip of Dino leaving the penalty box at Met Center to fight one of the Winnipeg Jet--I believe it was Tim Trimper.

No comments:

Post a Comment