Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Not The Cart Again

Attention airlines! I have a simple suggestion for you that will not only increase customer satisfaction, but cut costs:

Can the ridiculous beverage "service" on flights that are three hours or under.

Don't get me wrong. I like to knock back a few pops when I'm flying up front as much as the next guy. But I'd gladly give that up to be spared the annoyance of the damnedable beverage cart banging my elbow up and down the aisle, creaking and groaning every time the flight attendant stops and resets the brake, and causing a major disruption for a very minor reward.

Can we not attend to our own needs when it comes to in-flight liquid refreshment? Are we really nothing more than helpless infants while on a plane?

"Do you want a snack?"

"Do you want some juice?"

Yes, mommy. Why not go ahead and just put it in a frickin' sippy cup for me?

If I want a Coke or a water, I can buy one at the gate. If not, I think I'm perfectly capable of making it through a two-hour flight without a drink. And I might actually be able to catch a couple of minute of shut-eye for a change.

UPDATE-- Bert e-mails to add:

One other thing about the drink cart; when the airlines give away drinks without something to eat, that liquid goes through most passengers startlingly fast. (whatever they're saving on snacks, I bet they're losing on whatever that blue stuff is in the toilets) I'd keep either both drinks & a real snack (without paying $5 or whatever), or get rid of both.

No comments:

Post a Comment