Friday, April 20, 2007

We Doethn't Protest Too Much

Tim from Colorado e-mails to report that there are no equivaliant plans in place to spend millions of dollars dealing with protesters when the Democrats descend upon Denver in aught-eight:

I just finished your post about the money that is being set aside to handle the protestors that are more than likely to show up at the 2008 Republican Convention in Minneapolis. We here in Colorado get to host the 2008 Democratic Convention (I'm not bragging). As I read your piece I was trying to recall similar coverage here in Colorado about the convention we get to host, but I cannot recall any mention of a publicly-funded protestor hostel.

I think there is a comparison to be made here, and it is not about Minnesota residents versus Colorado residents, but I will leave it to you to figure it out.


Meanwhile, Mitch Berg tries to explain the difference at Shot In The Dark.

1 comment: