Thursday, October 04, 2007

Democratic Politics Resemble Situation Comedy

Media Matters' laughably false charge last week about Rush Limbaugh and the phony soldiers:

During the September 26 broadcast of his nationally syndicated radio show, Rush Limbaugh called service members who advocate U.S. withdrawal from Iraq "phony soldiers."

Kramer getting laughs in the Seinfeld episode "The Parking Space", originally airing April 22, 1992:

Kramer: Oh hey, you know I invited Mike Moffit. You don't mind, do you?

Jerry: No, I like Mike.

Kramer: Yeah, I just got off the phone with him, you know we had a great conversation.

Jerry: Oh yeah? What did you talk about?

Kramer: Well actually we talked about you. Yeah. He had some pretty interesting things to say.

Jerry: Oh yeah? What did he say?

Kramer: You have to know everything, don't you?

Jerry: No, come on, Kramer. What did he say?

Kramer: Why is that? Why do you have to know everything?

Jerry: Kramer, just tell me what the guy said.

Kramer: Beg me.

Jerry: Please, don't make me beg.

Kramer: No no no, I want you to beg me. And I don't want you to say it, I just want you to put some beg into it. Go on.

Jerry: Kramer, please tell me what the guy said.

Kramer: No no no, that's no good. No, I really don't think that's a beg. No, it's close, but uh ....

Jerry: Kramer!

Kramer: Look, I can't say anything. You know, the guy told me the stuff in confidence, I'd be betraying a friend.

Jerry: Well you can't just mention it and then not tell me.

Kramer: Alright. I'll tell you but you can't say anything to him.

Jerry: I'm not saying anything, I'm putting it in the vault, I'm locking the vault, it's a vault!

Kramer: He thinks you're a phony.

Jerry: He what?

Kramer: I told you, he thinks you're a phony.

Jerry: A phony? He called me a phony?

Kramer: A big phony. A big one.

Jerry: Why did you tell me that if I can't say anything?!

Kramer: You begged me.

No comments:

Post a Comment