Tuesday, June 24, 2003

This Is Your Brain on Summer

It appears that the majority of the Fraters staff has survived this past weekend (the Elder is presumed alive, but contact with him has yet to be confirmed).

You have all read Saint Paul’s instructive piece illustrating the relentless assault on personal responsibility (scroll down if you haven’t). JB Doubtless has also chimed in with his take on creative campfire radio listening. I now feel that it is my duty to contribute something pithy and thought provoking.

Unfortunately, since my brain has yet to recover from the activities of last weekend at “The Lake”, I have little of substance to say. I’m sure there are some regular readers out there that would say that this is not unusual coming from me, but here are my thoughts regardless.

Summit Extra Pale Ale is God’s gift to outdoor fun. Always have a backup keg.

Croquet is more fun when you cheat.

Bocce ball should not be played on a hill without a golf cart. Gravity sucks.

Cheez Whiz is a marvelous substance. It binds ham to a bagel for a tasty breakfast treat and it just plain binds (no running water at “The Cabin”…think about it….).

Sleeping in a tent is a miserable experience. Whoever designed the nylon nightmare that I slept in for two days didn’t understand that a sure way to release trapped heat is to put a vent somewhere near the top, the troglodyte philistine!

Spending two days in northern Minnesota on the shores of a beautiful lake with fifteen friends and an endless supply of food and drink while enjoying absolutely gorgeous weather is my idea of heaven. Too bad winter is only four months away.

No comments:

Post a Comment