Thursday, May 05, 2005

I'm Beginning To See The Light

In response to my most recent sports related meltdown (number 12 if you're keeping score) reader Ron writes in with some words of encouragement:
The Twins bases-loaded batting average will be fine. The ironic thing is that having the bases loaded usually means that you don't have the speed to score from second on a single. Besides, all stats in baseball before June 1st are to be ignored!
Oh that's just great! Not only do I have to worry about the Twins inability to get clutch hits, now I have to be concerned about their lack of speed on the base paths? Thanks for nothing, Ron.

I'm only kidding, of course. Ron is entirely correct. It's still too early in the season to panic. Besides, once Frank Thomas rejoins the Chicago White Sox around mid-July he'll drag his team's morale back down into the filthy sewers of the South Side where it belongs and the Twins will march forward to their fourth consecutive AL Central Division championship.

Ron continues:
...(Y)ou should come see the St. Paul Saints! (Our bases-loaded batting average is currently 1.000) We are having a blogger night on June 13th! If you want more information on it, it's on my blog: www.rightfieldron.blogspot.com
He's right again. For only $8, bloggers and their pals get a general admission ticket to see the St. Paul Saints battle the hated Fargo-Moorhead Redhawks, a voucher for a hot dog and a beverage (adult varieties included, I presume) and a Saints cap. All that and Mudonna, the team pig, to boot. I'm sold.

Only thing is, if I see two lazy infield flies and a strikeout with the bases loaded on June 13th, I'm coming directly for Ron. That kind of crap belongs indoors.

No comments:

Post a Comment