Thursday, May 05, 2005

The Paper You Love to Hate (and Start Fires With)

Doug from A Million Monkeys Typing (a fine MOB member) provides feedback on the question I posed a few days ago, about why any conservatively minded citizen would subscribe to the Star Tribune. McClatchy marketers, take note of these pressure points for your future promotional efforts:

When I'm done reading it, the paper makes a fine dropcloth for cleaning the guns the Strib's editors would rather I did not have.

The used newsprint makes an excellent starter for my charcoal grill.

Last but not least, after reading their editorial pages I have incentive to work on my writing skills in order to complain, rebut, and otherwise opine. They in their way are the prod that got me started blogging. (Ok, that's maybe a strike against them... .)

No comments:

Post a Comment