Friday, March 09, 2007

Bully For The Bullies

Todd e-mails to wax nostalgically on loving the Broad Street Bullies and hating commies:

What a great memory...I was at that game, all of 13 years old. My father's company held season tickets, great seats, red line, second level roughly 10 rows back, in the old Spectrum. For some reason my father was almost always able to get the tickets, guess the salesmen were gay or something, just leaving '75 and '76 Flyers tickets laying on the table. That crowd was the most electric I have ever experienced, and it still sticks with me, the hooting, jeering, nasty anti-commie comments, just fantastic. I have the program somewhere, and once a year or so, after a couple of beers, find it and show it to my boy, a 14-year-old Flyers fan. Hockey, a family tradition of commie-hating. Priceless.

No comments:

Post a Comment