Tuesday, March 27, 2007

He Is Ironman

Bill from Virginia e-mails:

Hi, I saw that you posted some info about Fisher House the other day. I was hoping that you could help spread the word about my Fisher House fundraising.

I am attempting my first Ironman race this year. An Ironman is a triathlon that consists of a 2.4 mile swim, a 112 mile bike and a 26.2 mile run. I am not an athlete, but rather a 40 year old father of three that got off of the sofa a year ago and started to enjoy the thrill of racing and living a healthier lifestyle. The race takes place in Louisville, KY on August 26th.

As part of my journey to becoming an Ironman, I am raising money and awareness for the Fisher House Foundation, a non-profit organization that helps the families of injured American military men and women. Fisher House builds homes on the grounds of major military and VA medical centers. The use of these homes is available free of charge to the families of injured service members. It allows them to be close to their loved ones during hospitalization for a combat injury or other unexpected illness. There are 37 Fisher Houses across the country and more raising money to be built.

All of the money that I raise will go directly to the Fisher House Foundation. I am paying for all of my race expenses (entry fee, travel, equipment, etc.) out of my own pocket. I decided to raise money for Fisher House because I believe that providing comfort to these injured service members and their families is the least that we can do for them. I also want to show our troops that there is support for them back home.

You can visit my website for more information about me, the Ironman race and Fisher House. The Fisher House website is here. I appreciate your consideration.


Can you help him?

1 comment: