Thursday, March 15, 2007

No Mormon in the White House in My House

For the record, unlike Chad, Capt. Ed, and a host of others I'm sure, I did not receive in the mail Hugh Hewitt's new book "A Mormon in the White House".

Which is a pity, since yesterday, for the first time, I was thinking, you know a Mormon in the White House sounds like a pretty good idea. Any Mormon would do. Donny Osmond, Marie Osmond, Jimmy Osmond, Steve Young, Merill Osmond, Alan Osmond, Tito Osmond.

Then I thought, imagine how great it would be if the Mormon in the White House actually had some relevant experience and proven leadership abilities. It would be like four to eight straight years of Christmas, or Mormon Pioneer Day, every day! Rock and roll!

Then I remembered no such person exists, it will never happen, it is all a wild fantasy. This reality depressed and embittered me. So I dedicated myself to the cause of Barak Obama. And to the utter defeat and humiliation of any pretender Mormons who may emerge to mock my dreams over this election cycle.

Ah, what might have been.

No comments:

Post a Comment