Thursday, March 08, 2007

Chasing The Red Army From The Ice

Paul from Colorado thinks there is a more apt team to compare us to:

If you guys aren't the '76 Flyers I give up.


The Broad Street Bullies? Gotta love that. More on the Bullies:

"I swear I have never told a player to attack another player. In fact, I have told my players if they ever hear me saying something like this, they can break a stick over my skull. I ask only that they play aggressively." - coach Fred Shero

And:

The Flyers took on the Soviet Red Army team on January 11, 1976. Angry that penalties were not called on Philadelphia's rough tactics, Red Army headed back to their dressing-room at 11:21 of the first period. They returned 17 minutes later after Flyers' President Ed Snyder stated they wouldn't get paid unless they finished the game. Philadelphia scored 17 seconds after the game resumed and proceeded to earn a convincing 4-1 victory.

No comments:

Post a Comment